Patient Participation enables patients to have a say and understand how the practice works.
We have a Patient Participation Group who meet regularly and work with the Practice. They provide a vital part of Practice feedback and helps lead improvement for the Practice. We have a chair of our PPG, who communicates with the group and is a point of call for other patients to liaise with around meetings and points for discussion.
Newham also has a network for any member of the PPG to be a part of . It was developed based on the strong feedback given from PPG patient representatives; who felt the need for a space for PPG members from across the borough to learn from and support each other.
BENEFITS OF JOINING THE NEWHAM PPG NETWORK
- PPG led
- Raising awareness of PPGs across borough- Building a PPG identity
- Increase in PPG membership
- Exploring other PPG meeting structures- Virtual PPGs, events
- Sharing resources with other PPGs
- Potential to secure funding for PPGs
- Working together with other GP practices across the borough- providing PPG support and learning
- Sharing experiences with other PPGs- Best practice, common challenges and issues
- Building better relationships between patients and practice staff
- Developing a community network- links with Local authority Community Neighbourhoods teams, Community groups, Schools, universities
- Working with other agencies- running workshops on specific health topics
The meetings are open to all Newham PPG members, Newham GP practice staff and patients registered with a Newham GP practice; who have an interest in becoming a PPG member.
The next meeting will be: